Welcome to Together in Schools.
In 2018 we are negotiating our wages and conditions for the next 3 years. It’s an important time to be an active union member.
Members in the Department of Education and Schools are taking industrial action!
Check back here regularly for the updated list of actions.
- Monday 10 September:
- Ongoing work bans in the Office of Industrial Relations.
- Statewide bans commence for Therapists.
- Statewide work bans commence for Science Operations Officers.
- Tuesday 11 September:
- 2pm - 3pm Stop Work: Mackay Region. Meeting at Town Hall Park, Sydney St, Mackay
- 3pm - 4pm Stop Work: North Coast Region. Meeting at Pacific Paradise State School
- Wednesday 12 September:
- 8am - 9am Stop Work: South East Region. Meeting at Coomera Scout Den, Viney Park, near Coomera State School.
- Thursday 13 September
- 8am - 9am Stop Work: Metropolitan Region and South East Region. Meeting at Stretton College (Primary Campus side).
- 1pm - 2pm North Coast Region members: Rally outside office of Bruce Saunders MP, Member for Maryborough, 133 Lennox St Maryborough
- Friday 14 September
- 8am - 9am Stop Work: North Coast and Metropolitan Region. Meeting at North Lakes State College.
- 8am - 9am Stop Work: North Queensland Region. Meeting at Heatley State School, 410 Fulham Road, Heatley.
- 8am - 9am Stop Work: Metropolitan region. Meeting at Bremer State High School, 33/153 Warwick Rd, Ipswich. Click here for site access details.
- 2:30 - 3:30pm Stop Work: Rockhampton. Meeting at Stapleton Park, near the PCYC on Lakes Creek Road
- Tuesday 18 September
- 8am - 9am Stop Work: Bundaberg. Meeting at Bundaberg State High School, 37A Maryborough St, Bundaberg South
Many members will also be taking action locally at their own schools - the meetings above are those that any member can attend.
Wages and Bargaining in 2018
For information regarding particular issues for members please click the link on the top nav bar that best matches your role. We know that not every essential role in a school is listed here. Please contact us for more information about your profession if it is not listed.
In the last 2 years Together members have secured more than $240 million in extra funding for support staff in Queensland State Schools. This huge win was only possible due to the hard work of thousands of union members over a number of years.
We are stronger together. Members can access advice, support and assistance by contacting us at 1800 177 244 or email@example.com.