Together in Education
With a majority of all Together members in Education voting, the result of the ballot is an overwhelming YES.
The offer is a significant improvement from the offer that was rejected in 2018. You can read the offer here. It includes:
- Maximisation of permanent employment
- A $1250 ‘one off’ payment
- We will continue to arbitrate wages in 2020 and pursue back-pay through the Commission to 1 September 2018. This is a case still to be run. You can see the wage rates we are fighting for in 2020 here.
- Health Practitioner pay parity for Education Therapists (Translation Table here)
- Translation to the TO stream for Science Operations Officers (Translation Table here)
- A new 'experienced officer' allowance for AO2s in state schools
- RPL and Culturally Safe Supervision for Community Education Counsellors
- Other important improvements for consultation, gender pay equity and processes.
Read the latest update here.
This year School Support Staff Recognition Week takes place 7 to 11 September. This is an opportunity to acknowledge the essential work done by all school support staff to help facilitate teaching and learning. Education doesn't happen without us!
For information regarding particular issues for members please click the link on the top nav bar that best matches your role. We know that not every essential role is listed here. Please contact us for more information about your profession if it is not listed.
We are stronger together. Members can access advice, support and assistance by contacting us at 1800 177 244 or email@example.com.