Metro North Oral Health petition
To the Chief Executive for Metro North Health and Hospital Service,
We, the undersigned, have raised several concerns prior to the co-location of Brisbane Dental Hospital (BDH) staff with the University of Queensland School of Dentistry (UQSoD) at Herston. These issues have now come to fruition and although have been raised with management have not been fixed and need to be urgently resolved.
These issues include:
- Increased workload
- Increased supervision of students
- Lack of integration of systems
- Lack of process
- Lack of communication for staff and Queensland health patients
- Lack of equipment
- No induction of staff
- General confusion of staff
- Lack of ability for staff to take leave
- Ongoing risk to patient care
We, the United Voice and Together Union and their Members, seek an urgent meeting with the Chief Executive for Metro North Health and Hospital Service Shaun Drummond to commence discussions to resolve these issues.