Your Education Agreement – Certified!
Congratulations! This morning the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission have certified your enterprise bargaining agreement. This is the contract between you and your employer about pay and working conditions. You can read it here.
This is the culmination of thousands of hours of effort by all of you as Together members, and particularly your delegates, workers like you who have dedicated enormous effort to this.
This Agreement delivers many important improvements for employees in the Department of Education including, but not limited to:
- Pay equity for allied health professionals
- Recognition of the technical skills and expertise of Science Technicians in our schools
- Ensuring that there is a Regional Community Education Counsellor in every Region
- An allowance for experienced administrative officers in state schools
- Improved occupational violence protections for WHS Inspectors
- A Regional Office Review for DoE HR teams
- Improving the range for broad-banding Business Manager roles
- Improving the rights of temporary employees to secure permanent employment
- Access to mental health first aid training for employee representatives
- And a wages arbitration – where we will seek pay equity across the sector.
As employees of the Department of Education you do incredible work ensuring every child can succeed, belong and learn and that every worker in Queensland comes home safe from work and understands their rights at work.
You can and should be proud of your work every day, and this agreement recognises the importance of your work.
Together we can ensure that this agreement is fully implemented and that your work is recognised and valued.