Transport Inspectors: Regarding your work bans starting Monday 5 Aug
Yesterday you would have received an email from one of your delegates Grant Williams about commencing works bans. This email is to confirm that the department were provided this notice this morning advising you will commence the bans listed below from Monday 5 August.
- A ban on completing all paperwork, including not filling out PVI check sheets, QCIS, data input and audit sheets.
- A ban on issuing infringement notices
TMR sought clarification on what these bans did and did not include and we have provided the below clarification to the Department in consultation with Grant.
Under the current work bans TI members should:
- continue to issue prohibitions and defects on road, and sticker defective vehicles
- in regards to programmed inspections,
- issue defects or certificates of inspection
- document the information that would ordinarily be filled in PVI check sheets in their notebooks as a record for future action or filing
- in regards to drivers of unregistered and/or uninsured vehicles,
- (as they currently do) advise drivers that the vehicle is unregistered and/or uninsured and that the driver should not drive the vehicle; and
- instead of issuing the infringement noticed, record the required information in their notebook and send these details to their manager for the manager's action
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact either your local delegate or myself at email@example.com.