PPE, quarantine and proposal of surveillance testing in WMHHS.
Yesterday morning, we held an all-member meeting for WMHHS staff to discuss the effects of COVID-19 in the workplace and to provide an update from our meeting with management which included information on PPEs, quarantine and the proposal of surveillance testing for staff.
Here is an update from the meeting:
- Modified quarantine will cease to be implemented.
- All of those who are currently on modified quarantine are being reviewed to be classified ‘green’ or ‘red’.
- On Tuesday, 34 who were on 'modified quarantine' were placed on 'full quarantine'.
- 36 remain and are currently being reviewed.
- 160 staff currently on full quarantine in WMHHS.
- WMHHS is considering setting up a quarantine hotline for staff.
- Currently, there are regular staff forums for staff in quarantine.
- Only fit checking is occurring. However, they are about to implement a fit testing program.
- WMHHS is following the current Queensland PPE guidelines.
- COVID-19 wards are fit checking N95 or P2 masks.
- There are currently good supplies of N95 across WMHHS and full stocks in the hospital.
Proposal of surveillance testing for staff
- This was proposed yesterday morning. We will distribute more information is at comes.
- This has not yet been implemented in Queensland.
- This process has been successful in picking up asymptomatic cases in staff working in Victoria.
- The program would be on a voluntary basis.
In light of the current situation, members have decided to hold fortnightly meetings to touch base and to provide an opportunity to escalate any issues or concerns to the executive level. The next meeting will be on Wednesday, 23 September, at 9:30am. You can click on this link to join the meeting.
If you have any questions or feedback on the information provided, or require support from your union office, please contact myself by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.