Menzies is stealing your annual leave
ASU members are furious at Menzies Aviation’s decision to steal their annual leave. Menzies says their cash flow issues means that they need to force you to run down your leave balances. Nonsense!
You earned that leave through your own hard work. We understand these are tough times, but this is a step too far.
Menzies isn’t even paying most employees’ wages. If you earn less than $1500 in a fortnight, Menzies hasn’t paid you a cent. That’s the government’s money in your pocket.
- Allow people to cancel leave they booked before 31 March. It isn’t fair to force you to take leave when you can’t go outside, let alone go on holidays. This will cost the company nothing.
- Allow people to book leave if they choose. Most employees won’t do this, because they earn less than the $1500 Jobkeeper each fortnight.
- Take back its direction that all employees must book 3 week paid annual leave before September 2020
We’re exploring our options to take legal action to protect your rights.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT JOBKEEPER AND ANNUAL LEAVE – YOU CAN SAY ‘NO’.
Menzies has the right to ask you to take paid annual leave under JobKeeper. You must consider this request and you cannot unreasonably refuse the request.
You can say no, but you need to be able to explain your reasons to them.
Reasonable means that you have a reason not to take leave and you can explain it to the company.
Please dial into the Together Menzies meeting for Queensland members.
Time: Tue 19/05/2020 at 5:30pm
At this meeting we will discuss:
- Update on EBA Discussions
- Leave issues
- Other items raised by members.
If you can make it that would be great, you can click the link below to join the meeting or call in.
Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
+61 2 8318 0085
Conference ID: 933 720 709#
Pass this email on to your friends and colleagues. They can join your union here.
Speak to your organiser Billy Colless via email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or if you have any questions.