Majority support to accept QIMR's agreement proposal
Further to our email to you on 3 September, the majority of members are in support of QIMR’s proposal which includes:
- a three (3) year agreement effective from 1 September 2020, and nominally expiring at 31 August 2023;
- wage increases consistent with the current government wages policy (i.e. 0% - 1 September 2020, 2.5% - 1 September 2021, 2.5% - 1 February 2022, and 2.5% - 1 September 2022);
- amended research classification definitions and corresponding labels (i.e. Research Assistant/ RO/ SRO/ SRF etc) due to changes within the NHMRC grant funding environment and, to better align with the university sector (which helps with attraction and retention);
- no other material changes to existing provisions other than those mandated by the Fair Work Commission (FWC) as ‘undertakings’ in December 2018 and any minor amendments which might be necessary in order comply with legislative obligations and/ or FWC requirements; and,
- a one-off payment of $1,250 to all eligible QIMR Berghofer employees, centrally funded by Queensland Treasury.
We have now communicated your views to QIMR and will be back in touch with further developments.
You can always get in contact with your union by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 1800 177 244 and speaking directly to one of our experienced industrial staff if you have any queries. Remember, you have access to advice, support and representation from your union office.