Corrections Industrial Update - 22 May
We are continuing to put pressure on the department regarding their appalling offer. Please see here the department's offer explained.
Lotus Glen are meeting at 06:30 out the front to decide on which of the 3 proposed actions they are taking:
- No action
- 07:00 – 09:00
- 07:00 – 19:00
Wolston are having a stop work from 03:00 – 09:00
Townsville and Brisbane will be continuing their action
You now have several other options available as well and you should all be talking to your delegates about the additional items that we have approved and whether you are doing them in your facility. Here is the list:
- Polo shirts
- No data entry onto IOMS
- Strictly adhering to all security related COPD’s eg searching escorts
- Strictly adhering to start times
- Not wearing name tags
- Not perform any voluntary overtime
- Not unlock any unit in the centre unless the centre is fully staffed
- Cease all training and assessing undertaken by volunteer Correctional Officers
- Cease performing all admin and HR functions so you can focus on your primary role of supervising prisoners
Any or all of these can now be implemented so talk to your delegates and see whether your centre has or is implementing them.
The department HAS applied to the Commission for assistance with negotiations through conciliation. This is where we continue negotiations but with the assistance of the QIRC.
While protected action doesn’t have to stop during the conciliation process, it may slow down so please stay tuned for further updates.