Changes to your WMQ agreement
Together Members have made some changes to your WMQ agreement.
Here is a quick snapshot of what has been achieved by Union members at the negotiations:
- The Agreement only covers Wesley Mission Queensland Care and Support staff and not Blue Care.
- Causal staff will have the ability to seek to be made permanent.
- The Contracting Out Clause has been altered but notice periods have been extended.
- The wage increase will be:
- From the first full pay period after 1 Sept 2018 2.1%
- From the first full pay period after 1 Sept 2019 2.1%
- From the first full pay period after 1 Sept 2020 2.1%
- Payment will be back paid from the first full pay period after 1 Sept 2018 following a successful vote.
- Introduction of Unpaid Family and Domestic Violence leave support.
- Altering the minimum payment for non-compulsory training or meetings to be 2 hours
- Brand new inclusion of professional development support and an allowance for qualified Allied Health Practitioners with effect from 19/20 financial year up to $750 per financial year
These changes, only happened because of you and your colleagues standing together and being collective.
Over the past few years, it has been a roller coaster ride for staff at WMQ, but it goes to show that when Staff stand together in the face of adversity, you can win better changes to improve your working life.
Any questions about these changes please don’t hesitate to let me know.