Changes to Virgin Australia EOI announced & meet with Deloitte
We have some important information to share with you about changes to the EOI process, and an opportunity to meet with Deloitte and have your questions answered ahead of the second creditors meeting.
Changes to EOI process announced
Following last weeks meeting of ASU members we have been advised by Virgin that they are making some changes to the timetable for EOIs to give you more time (and hopefully know the details of JobKeeper eligibility before the process is finalised). We have been advised as follows:
- EOIs will now close at 5pm on Monday 7 September 2020 (instead of Thursday 3 September).
- VA will seek to formally offer Voluntary Redundancies to employees either on Tuesday 8 or Wednesday 9 September 2020 (instead of Monday 7 September).
- Employees will have until 5pm on Monday 14 September 2020 to formally accept a VR offer (instead of Sunday 13 September).
- Employees who submit an EOI/accept an offer for a Voluntary Redundancy ending on 3 April 2021 will be able to change their termination date to 3 October 2020 if their JobKeeper eligibility changes – i.e. if they are no longer entitled to JobKeeper payments, or will only be entitled to the $750/$650 part-time JobKeeper payment. The selection to change the termination date must be made by 5pm on Wednesday 16 September 2020.
- If an employee changes their termination date, every effort will be made to process their termination payment by 10 October 2020 (and ideally on 7 October). However, the change may lead to a delay in the processing of the termination payment so that it is paid no later than 17 October 2020.
Virgin Workers Meeting with the Administrators
A webinar is being hosted by all unions and Deloitte, tomorrow, to give employees a final opportunity to ask any questions of the administrator ahead of the important second creditors meeting this Friday morning.
- Date: Wednesday 2 September 2020
- Time: 2:00PM
- Registration required. You can register here.
In the meantime, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.