It is important that Together ASU members are updated with how their industries are managing and dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic. This page will be updated regularly as we receive new information from employers.
Please note that information may change rapidly.
MARCH 30, 2020
We hope you had a good weekend.
In case you missed it here is the latest update of our COVID-19 FAQ. If you have any questions or concerns at this time about managing work in the context of the health emergency we are here for you. Email us here or contact us on 1800 177 244.
MARCH 27, 2020
We know you’re worried
These are unprecedented times and things are changing so quickly. Unfortunately, this is not business as usual. But we want to make sure that you know we will be by your side every step of the way. Qantas has announced that it will cut domestic flying by 60% and international flying by 100% from 29 March 2020.
MARCH 27, 2020
Your union office has been proactive in seeking information from SNP about their plans for addressing the COVID-19 virus.
MARCH 27, 2020
This week your Union has been taking a lot of concerns from members about their working from home arrangements and considerations from their local managers. This prompted us to write to your Chief Executive to raise our concerns.
***Important note: The advice provided is general in nature and may vary in specific circumstances. Consult your union to get the right information regarding your personal situation - call 1800 177 244 or email email@example.com
- Queensland Health's official COVID-19 website
- 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) is a confidential phone service that provides health advice to Queenslanders. You can phone and talk to a registered nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the cost of a local call.
- Public Sector Directive - Employment Arrangements in the Event of a Health Pandemic.
- General Advice for Private Sector members - Maurice Blackburn article which provides general advice regarding employee/employer rights and obligations during this Health Pandemic. Note: The information in this document was last updated on March 20, 2020.
- Queensland Health members Fact Sheet: COVID 19 - This fact sheet contains information that your union has compiled from sources that are provided by Queensland Health. Last updated: March 20, 2020
- For Custodial Corrections updates, join the Together Queensland Prison Officers Union Members Only Group on Facebook. This group will contain information that is not being put out on the internet.
- Education members Fact Sheet: COVID-19 - This fact sheet contains information that your union has compiled from information provided by the Department of Education. Last updated: March 26, 2020.
- Public Service: Your rights to leave - This factsheet contains information that your union has compiled to provide clarification about leave entitlements. Last updated: March 30, 2020.
- Public Sector Directive: Implementation Guide - The Queensland Government released this document on April 14. It is about workers' rights and the ability to work from home when also having school-aged children at home.