It is important that Together ASU members are updated with how their industries are managing and dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic. This page will be updated regularly as we receive new information from employers.
Please note that information may change rapidly.
APRIL 7, 2020
Virgin Australia staff go above and beyond to make sure passengers receive great service and arrive safely to their destinations. We deliver for our company and should be proud of that.
APRIL 7, 2020
Members should be reminded that your Union office is meeting with the WBHHS management weekly to discuss issues surrounding COVID-19. There is also a HPDO local consultative forum next week.
APRIL 3, 2020
We hope you are all keeping well!
In this constantly moving feast we wanted to send through another update.
APRIL 1, 2020
Your delegates called for and the PTO agreed to, an extraordinary PTO Agency Consultative Committee on the impact of COVID-19 restrictions and safety and what it means for union members. This meeting occurred by teleconference on Friday 27 March at 2:00pm.
APRIL 1, 2020
We are hearing from members across the state that requests to work more safely during the COVID-19 pandemic are being ignored or denied. This is simply not good enough and delegates have been raising your concerns with the Department; however, we will be seeking to escalate these concerns as they are not being addressed quickly or well enough.
***Important note: The advice provided is general in nature and may vary in specific circumstances. Consult your union to get the right information regarding your personal situation - call 1800 177 244 or email email@example.com
- Queensland Health's official COVID-19 website
- 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) is a confidential phone service that provides health advice to Queenslanders. You can phone and talk to a registered nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the cost of a local call.
- Public Sector Directive - Employment Arrangements in the Event of a Health Pandemic.
- General Advice for Private Sector members - Maurice Blackburn article which provides general advice regarding employee/employer rights and obligations during this Health Pandemic. Note: The information in this document was last updated on March 20, 2020.
- Queensland Health members Fact Sheet: COVID 19 - This fact sheet contains information that your union has compiled from sources that are provided by Queensland Health. Last updated: March 20, 2020
- For Custodial Corrections updates, join the Together Queensland Prison Officers Union Members Only Group on Facebook. This group will contain information that is not being put out on the internet.
- Education members Fact Sheet: COVID-19 - This fact sheet contains information that your union has compiled from information provided by the Department of Education. Last updated: March 26, 2020.
- Public Service: Your rights to leave - This factsheet contains information that your union has compiled to provide clarification about leave entitlements. Last updated: March 30, 2020.
- Public Sector Directive: Implementation Guide - The Queensland Government released this document on April 14. It is about workers' rights and the ability to work from home when also having school-aged children at home.