It is important that Together ASU members are updated with how their industries are managing and dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic. This page will be updated regularly as we receive new information from employers.
Please note that information may change rapidly.
APRIL 15, 2020
We hope you had a safe and happy Easter long weekend.
APRIL 15, 2020
We hope you had a safe and happy Easter long weekend. We realise many of you are taking some well earned time off this week, however, we thought it was very important to send an update following the Premier’s announcement about Term 2.
APRIL 14, 2020
Mater management have agreed to convene a weekly consultative forum to promote a consistent approach to managing the COVID–19 crisis and to disseminate changes as they occur.
APRIL 9, 2020
Your union has been making sure that Virgin Australia won’t go to compulsory redundancies before all other alternatives have been explored.
***Important note: The advice provided is general in nature and may vary in specific circumstances. Consult your union to get the right information regarding your personal situation - call 1800 177 244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queensland Health's official COVID-19 website
- 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) is a confidential phone service that provides health advice to Queenslanders. You can phone and talk to a registered nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the cost of a local call.
- Public Sector Directive - Employment Arrangements in the Event of a Health Pandemic.
- General Advice for Private Sector members - Maurice Blackburn article which provides general advice regarding employee/employer rights and obligations during this Health Pandemic. Note: The information in this document was last updated on March 20, 2020.
- Queensland Health members Fact Sheet: COVID 19 - This fact sheet contains information that your union has compiled from sources that are provided by Queensland Health. Last updated: March 20, 2020
- For Custodial Corrections updates, join the Together Queensland Prison Officers Union Members Only Group on Facebook. This group will contain information that is not being put out on the internet.
- Public Service: Your rights to leave - This factsheet contains information that your union has compiled to provide clarification about leave entitlements. Last updated: March 30, 2020.
- Public Sector Directive: Implementation Guide - The Queensland Government released this document on April 14. It is about workers' rights and the ability to work from home when also having school-aged children at home.