It is important that Together ASU members are updated with how their industries are managing and dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic. This page will be updated regularly as we receive new information from employers.
Please note that information may change rapidly.
APRIL 14, 2020
Mater management have agreed to convene a weekly consultative forum to promote a consistent approach to managing the COVID–19 crisis and to disseminate changes as they occur.
APRIL 9, 2020
Your union has been making sure that Virgin Australia won’t go to compulsory redundancies before all other alternatives have been explored.
APRIL 9, 2020
For the last three weeks the ASU, along with other Australian Unions, have been campaigning relentlessly for a wage subsidy for workers to ensure members' jobs are protected during this global pandemic.
APRIL 9, 2020
St Vincent's Hospital Health has provided further information regarding their plans during the COVID-19 pandemic. They have stated their commitment to work closely with the public health system, to maximise the safety and well-being of staff and the community.
APRIL 7, 2020
Yesterday, you would have heard from your Director-General about a 'pause' in your EB ballot that was due to open on 13 April.
***Important note: The advice provided is general in nature and may vary in specific circumstances. Consult your union to get the right information regarding your personal situation - call 1800 177 244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queensland Health's official COVID-19 website
- 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) is a confidential phone service that provides health advice to Queenslanders. You can phone and talk to a registered nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the cost of a local call.
- Public Sector Directive - Employment Arrangements in the Event of a Health Pandemic.
- General Advice for Private Sector members - Maurice Blackburn article which provides general advice regarding employee/employer rights and obligations during this Health Pandemic. Note: The information in this document was last updated on March 20, 2020.
- Queensland Health members Fact Sheet: COVID 19 - This fact sheet contains information that your union has compiled from sources that are provided by Queensland Health. Last updated: March 20, 2020
- For Custodial Corrections updates, join the Together Queensland Prison Officers Union Members Only Group on Facebook. This group will contain information that is not being put out on the internet.
- Education members Fact Sheet: COVID-19 - This fact sheet contains information that your union has compiled from information provided by the Department of Education. Last updated: March 26, 2020.
- Public Service: Your rights to leave - This factsheet contains information that your union has compiled to provide clarification about leave entitlements. Last updated: March 30, 2020.
- Public Sector Directive: Implementation Guide - The Queensland Government released this document on April 14. It is about workers' rights and the ability to work from home when also having school-aged children at home.