It is important that Together ASU members are updated with how their industries are managing and dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic. This page will be updated regularly as we receive new information from employers.
Please note that information may change rapidly.
MAY 6, 2020
We have seen remarkable efforts to 'flatten the curve' led by the Queensland public health system. This flattening of the curve has saved tens of thousands of Queenslanders lives when compared with the initial projections and the international tragedies which we are continuing to witness. We need to continue to be vigilant in our response to the pandemic to ensure that we do not see a major loss of life or a 'second spike.'
As the health emergency recedes we are now faced with an economic crisis the likes of which we have not seen since the Great Depression almost one hundred years ago.
APRIL 28, 2020
We hope this finds you well.
Yesterday the "Term 2 operating guidelines" were re-released by Director General Tony Cook. They have been updated to reflect the advice arising from the National Cabinet meeting held on Friday, 24 April and the updated Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) advice regarding the operations of schools during the ongoing COVID-19 situation in Australia.
APRIL 26, 2020
We know it has been a couple of weeks since our last email out to members – your delegates and union office have been working closely with TMR almost daily on the management of COVID-19 across the department but also on your EB and EB matters.
APRIL 21, 2020
On Friday last week, many Qantas employees who had been stood down were looking forward to receiving their first $1,500 JobKeeper payment.
APRIL 20, 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic crisis has highlighted the importance of rights at work for all Australians.
***Important note: The advice provided is general in nature and may vary in specific circumstances. Consult your union to get the right information regarding your personal situation - call 1800 177 244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queensland Health's official COVID-19 website
- 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) is a confidential phone service that provides health advice to Queenslanders. You can phone and talk to a registered nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the cost of a local call.
- Public Sector Directive - Employment Arrangements in the Event of a Health Pandemic.
- General Advice for Private Sector members - Maurice Blackburn article which provides general advice regarding employee/employer rights and obligations during this Health Pandemic. Note: The information in this document was last updated on March 20, 2020.
- Queensland Health members Fact Sheet: COVID 19 - This fact sheet contains information that your union has compiled from sources that are provided by Queensland Health. Last updated: March 20, 2020
- For Custodial Corrections updates, join the Together Queensland Prison Officers Union Members Only Group on Facebook. This group will contain information that is not being put out on the internet.
- Public Service: Your rights to leave - This factsheet contains information that your union has compiled to provide clarification about leave entitlements. Last updated: March 30, 2020.
- Public Sector Directive: Implementation Guide - The Queensland Government released this document on April 14. It is about workers' rights and the ability to work from home when also having school-aged children at home.