It is important that Together ASU members are updated with how their industries are managing and dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic. This page will be updated regularly as we receive new information from employers.
Please note that information may change rapidly.
MARCH 31, 2020
Singapore Airlines has cut 96% of global flying until the end of April. The company is calling on Australian employees to take unpaid leave to help the company get through the COVID-19. crisis.
MARCH 30, 2020
Your union office has been proactive in seeking information from Uniting Care Health about their plans for addressing the COVID-19 virus. It is important that in these times members are aware of their entitlements and responsibilities within the workplace. You can see:
MARCH 30, 2020
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues it’s really important that you feel safe at work.
MARCH 30, 2020
We hope you had a good weekend.
In case you missed it here is the latest update of our COVID-19 FAQ. If you have any questions or concerns at this time about managing work in the context of the health emergency we are here for you. Email us here or contact us on 1800 177 244.
MARCH 27, 2020
We know you’re worried
These are unprecedented times and things are changing so quickly. Unfortunately, this is not business as usual. But we want to make sure that you know we will be by your side every step of the way. Qantas has announced that it will cut domestic flying by 60% and international flying by 100% from 29 March 2020.
***Important note: The advice provided is general in nature and may vary in specific circumstances. Consult your union to get the right information regarding your personal situation - call 1800 177 244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queensland Health's official COVID-19 website
- 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) is a confidential phone service that provides health advice to Queenslanders. You can phone and talk to a registered nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the cost of a local call.
- Public Sector Directive - Employment Arrangements in the Event of a Health Pandemic.
- General Advice for Private Sector members - Maurice Blackburn article which provides general advice regarding employee/employer rights and obligations during this Health Pandemic. Note: The information in this document was last updated on March 20, 2020.
- Queensland Health members Fact Sheet: COVID 19 - This fact sheet contains information that your union has compiled from sources that are provided by Queensland Health. Last updated: March 20, 2020
- For Custodial Corrections updates, join the Together Queensland Prison Officers Union Members Only Group on Facebook. This group will contain information that is not being put out on the internet.
- Education members Fact Sheet: COVID-19 - This fact sheet contains information that your union has compiled from information provided by the Department of Education. Last updated: March 26, 2020.
- Public Service: Your rights to leave - This factsheet contains information that your union has compiled to provide clarification about leave entitlements. Last updated: March 30, 2020.