It is important that Together ASU members are updated with how their industries are managing and dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic. This page will be updated regularly as we receive new information from employers.
Please note that information may change rapidly.
AUGUST 21, 2020
The following information has been provided to Together by DYJ regarding testing:
AUGUST 20, 2020
Together was informed this morning about the recent positive test of a staff member at BYDC for COVID-19. This is hard news to receive and we all naturally will be concerned for your colleague's well-being.
MAY 12, 2020
We hope you had a good weekend and were able to see family or friends as restrictions have started to ease.
How the changes in restrictions impact your work is a key focus for union members in TMR.
MAY 11, 2020
We hope you are going well and that you have a good week as many more students return.
MAY 6, 2020
We have seen remarkable efforts to 'flatten the curve' led by the Queensland public health system. This flattening of the curve has saved tens of thousands of Queenslanders lives when compared with the initial projections and the international tragedies which we are continuing to witness. We need to continue to be vigilant in our response to the pandemic to ensure that we do not see a major loss of life or a 'second spike.'
As the health emergency recedes we are now faced with an economic crisis the likes of which we have not seen since the Great Depression almost one hundred years ago.
***Important note: The advice provided is general in nature and may vary in specific circumstances. Consult your union to get the right information regarding your personal situation - call 1800 177 244 or email email@example.com
- Queensland Health's official COVID-19 website
- 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) is a confidential phone service that provides health advice to Queenslanders. You can phone and talk to a registered nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the cost of a local call.
- Public Sector Directive - Employment Arrangements in the Event of a Health Pandemic.
- General Advice for Private Sector members - Maurice Blackburn article which provides general advice regarding employee/employer rights and obligations during this Health Pandemic. Note: The information in this document was last updated on March 20, 2020.
- Queensland Health members Fact Sheet: COVID 19 - This fact sheet contains information that your union has compiled from sources that are provided by Queensland Health. Last updated: March 20, 2020
- For Custodial Corrections updates, join the Together Queensland Prison Officers Union Members Only Group on Facebook. This group will contain information that is not being put out on the internet.
- Public Service: Your rights to leave - This factsheet contains information that your union has compiled to provide clarification about leave entitlements. Last updated: March 30, 2020.
- Public Sector Directive: Implementation Guide - The Queensland Government released this document on April 14. It is about workers' rights and the ability to work from home when also having school-aged children at home.