It is important that Together ASU members are updated with how their industries are managing and dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic. This page will be updated regularly as we receive new information from employers.
Please note that information may change rapidly.
JANUARY 18, 2021
We hope your new year is getting off to a good start and you stay safe and well this year. We would like to welcome you back for 2021 and remind you to get in touch with your union office if you have any workplace concerns via 1800 177 244 or email@example.com.
JANUARY 8, 2021
In case you missed the news, from 6 pm on the 8 January 2021 people living in Brisbane, Logan, Ipswich, Moreton and Redlands will be required to stay home until 6 pm Monday in a bid to stop the spread of the highly-infectious United Kingdom strain of COVID-19.
JANUARY 8, 2021
This morning we all received updated health advice in relation to the COVID-19 health pandemic. Included in this advice is a reintroduction of lock down measures that are being implemented from 6 pm this evening (Friday) until 6pm Monday evening.
AUGUST 23, 2020
Together received contact from the Department this morning to break the difficult news that additional BYDC staff and their family members have tested positive to COVID-19. This is deeply concerning news. If you are one of those employees who has tested positive, we are thinking of you and are ready to help you if there is anything we can do to assist. Please don’t hesitate to contact us.
AUGUST 21, 2020
The following information has been provided to Together by DYJ regarding testing:
***Important note: The advice provided is general in nature and may vary in specific circumstances. Consult your union to get the right information regarding your personal situation - call 1800 177 244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queensland Health's official COVID-19 website
- 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) is a confidential phone service that provides health advice to Queenslanders. You can phone and talk to a registered nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the cost of a local call.
- Public Sector Directive - Employment Arrangements in the Event of a Health Pandemic.
- General Advice for Private Sector members - Maurice Blackburn article which provides general advice regarding employee/employer rights and obligations during this Health Pandemic. Note: The information in this document was last updated on March 20, 2020.
- Queensland Health members Fact Sheet: COVID 19 - This fact sheet contains information that your union has compiled from sources that are provided by Queensland Health. Last updated: March 20, 2020
- For Custodial Corrections updates, join the Together Queensland Prison Officers Union Members Only Group on Facebook. This group will contain information that is not being put out on the internet.
- Education members Fact Sheet: COVID-19 - This fact sheet contains information that your union has compiled from information provided by the Department of Education. Last updated: March 26, 2020.
- Public Service: Your rights to leave - This factsheet contains information that your union has compiled to provide clarification about leave entitlements. Last updated: March 30, 2020.
- Public Sector Directive: Implementation Guide - The Queensland Government released this document on April 14. It is about workers' rights and the ability to work from home when also having school-aged children at home.