It is important that Together ASU members are updated with how their industries are managing and dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic. This page will be updated regularly as we receive new information from employers.
Please note that information may change rapidly.
AUGUST 23, 2020
Together received contact from the Department this morning to break the difficult news that additional BYDC staff and their family members have tested positive to COVID-19. This is deeply concerning news. If you are one of those employees who has tested positive, we are thinking of you and are ready to help you if there is anything we can do to assist. Please don’t hesitate to contact us.
AUGUST 21, 2020
The following information has been provided to Together by DYJ regarding testing:
AUGUST 20, 2020
Together was informed this morning about the recent positive test of a staff member at BYDC for COVID-19. This is hard news to receive and we all naturally will be concerned for your colleague's well-being.
MAY 12, 2020
We hope you had a good weekend and were able to see family or friends as restrictions have started to ease.
How the changes in restrictions impact your work is a key focus for union members in TMR.
***Important note: The advice provided is general in nature and may vary in specific circumstances. Consult your union to get the right information regarding your personal situation - call 1800 177 244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queensland Health's official COVID-19 website
- 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) is a confidential phone service that provides health advice to Queenslanders. You can phone and talk to a registered nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the cost of a local call.
- Public Sector Directive - Employment Arrangements in the Event of a Health Pandemic.
- General Advice for Private Sector members - Maurice Blackburn article which provides general advice regarding employee/employer rights and obligations during this Health Pandemic. Note: The information in this document was last updated on March 20, 2020.
- Queensland Health members Fact Sheet: COVID 19 - This fact sheet contains information that your union has compiled from sources that are provided by Queensland Health. Last updated: March 20, 2020
- For Custodial Corrections updates, join the Together Queensland Prison Officers Union Members Only Group on Facebook. This group will contain information that is not being put out on the internet.
- Education members Fact Sheet: COVID-19 - This fact sheet contains information that your union has compiled from information provided by the Department of Education. Last updated: March 26, 2020.
- Public Service: Your rights to leave - This factsheet contains information that your union has compiled to provide clarification about leave entitlements. Last updated: March 30, 2020.
- Public Sector Directive: Implementation Guide - The Queensland Government released this document on April 14. It is about workers' rights and the ability to work from home when also having school-aged children at home.