It is important that Together ASU members are updated with how their industries are managing and dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic. This page will be updated regularly as we receive new information from employers.
Please note that information may change rapidly.
JULY 22, 2021
We know it has been a long time since our last update – we have been waiting to hear the final outcome of members efforts to be recognised for their important role in the COVID-19 health pandemic.
FEBRUARY 22, 2021
Many Together members will be in the first groups of workers to be offered the COVID-19 vaccinations from this week. The Federal Government have determined priority groups and set out "categories" for different workers and community members who will receive first access to the vaccines.
JANUARY 18, 2021
We hope your new year is getting off to a good start and you stay safe and well this year. We would like to welcome you back for 2021 and remind you to get in touch with your union office if you have any workplace concerns via 1800 177 244 or email@example.com.
JANUARY 8, 2021
In case you missed the news, from 6 pm on the 8 January 2021 people living in Brisbane, Logan, Ipswich, Moreton and Redlands will be required to stay home until 6 pm Monday in a bid to stop the spread of the highly-infectious United Kingdom strain of COVID-19.
JANUARY 8, 2021
This morning we all received updated health advice in relation to the COVID-19 health pandemic. Included in this advice is a reintroduction of lock down measures that are being implemented from 6 pm this evening (Friday) until 6pm Monday evening.
***Important note: The advice provided is general in nature and may vary in specific circumstances. Consult your union to get the right information regarding your personal situation - call 1800 177 244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queensland Health's official COVID-19 website
- 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) is a confidential phone service that provides health advice to Queenslanders. You can phone and talk to a registered nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the cost of a local call.
- Public Sector Directive - Employment Arrangements in the Event of a Health Pandemic.
- General Advice for Private Sector members - Maurice Blackburn article which provides general advice regarding employee/employer rights and obligations during this Health Pandemic. Note: The information in this document was last updated on March 20, 2020.
- Queensland Health members Fact Sheet: COVID 19 - This fact sheet contains information that your union has compiled from sources that are provided by Queensland Health. Last updated: March 20, 2020
- For Custodial Corrections updates, join the Together Queensland Prison Officers Union Members Only Group on Facebook. This group will contain information that is not being put out on the internet.
- Public Service: Your rights to leave - This factsheet contains information that your union has compiled to provide clarification about leave entitlements. Last updated: March 30, 2020.
- Public Sector Directive: Implementation Guide - The Queensland Government released this document on April 14. It is about workers' rights and the ability to work from home when also having school-aged children at home.