This week. For a better deal
HPDO's like you are taking action - you can be one of them.
You have now been in negotiations for improvements in conditions and have been waiting for a percentage pay increase for nearly two years. This government promised to treat you with respect and dignity and to restore fairness.
The Health Minister has the power to show you respect and settle with HP's and DO's and fulfil the promise it made it made in March to you now.
He also must act to ensure that the dates do not slip - any pay increase must be dated appropriately.
So what has happened since our last communication?
On Friday, another negotiation meeting with Together delegates and Queensland Health took place – our position was clear – back date the wage rise to October, not December, no date slip. The Department undertook to get back to us ASAP. The time has come to act and make them put this at the top of their “to do” list.
So what does this mean?
Queensland Health representatives did not reverse its decision on backdating your wages from 10 December 2014 to 17 October 2014 even though this date was promised in writing in March this year.
This position is a clear breach of your trust. If the government can backflip on this position on this what else will they backflip on in the future that will cost workers and patients?
We need to take a stand now to ensure that this government sticks to its promises.
So what can you do?
Attend a protest rally or delegation at the following hospitals this week.
- PAH protest Rally - Wednesday 15 July, 12.30pm - grassed area out the front of the main entrance to the hospital
- RBWH Protest rally - Thursday 16 July 12:30pm - grassed area at corner of Butterflied street and Bowen bridge road
- TPCH Protest Rally, Thursday 16 July, 1pm - meet at grassed area at multi storey carpark at main entrance.
- QHFSS Protest Rally Thursday 16 July, - 12:30pm - grassed area next to Kessels road driveway entrance.
- Caboolture delegation, Tuesday 21 July - (RSVP by COB Friday 17 July for transport logistics to email@example.com) Meet 11:50 pm sharp in the hospital foyer Drive to Mark Ryan’s office and then return By 12:30
- Bundaberg Hospital - Tuesday 21 July, 1:30pm, War Nurses Memorial Park (Watertower area), Bourbong Street
- Hervey Bay Hospital - Thursday 23 July, 1:30pm, outside the main gates of the Hospital
- Maryborough Hospital - Wednesday 22 July, 12:30pm, out the front near the roses.
Join with your fellow colleagues who have said that they are coming and tell this government that a promise is a promise.
To organise a protest rally organised in your area contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can work with you to make this this happen.
Share this communication with your colleagues and ask anyone who is not yet in your union to join today.
Congratulations on your ongoing commitment to a better deal. With this action plan we can secure a better deal now rather than later.
A better deal from Health shows respect for the work that you and your colleagues do.
I look forward to standing with HPDO's this week for a better deal - see you there.