Hunter Review: Further accommodation changes by Department of Health
Further to our communication on Wednesday last week the facilities team has been progressing the two other requests arising from the Department Leadership Team meeting last Monday.
These requests were that FCMU co-locate in QHB with the rest of the HPSP Division and that Workforce Strategy Branch relocate from Butterfield Street so that SPP is together in one building.
This will mean:
- FCMU will move from Forestry House and co-locate on levels 4 and 5 with the rest of the HPSP Division
- ODG staff currently on level 4 will move to level 13
- Workforce Strategy Branch will move from Butterfield Street, to Forestry House. You can view a copy of the plan here.
At this stage, it is likely that the first move of the CHIO team will begin 22 September 2015.
The accommodation plan was endorsed by the Departmental Leadership Team (DLT) on Monday last week. You can view a copy of the plan here.
Principles used focussed on:
- minimising change where possible given likely relocation for the Department in 12 to 18 months;
- centralising Strategy, Policy and Planning Division, and Healthcare Purchasing and System Performance Division within QHB, and moving sections of Corporate Services Division out of QHB.
It is proposed that the accommodation changes occur over 4 stages to stagger moves. For instance, eHealth Qld moves in the first stage, to free up space for Finance Branch who moves in the second week.
The plan identifies a 4-week lead-in period to prepare, and then changes stagger over 4 consecutive weeks with the moves completed by the end of October 2015
The endorsed plan identifies 258 staff impacted by changes to accommodation.
Specific branches impacted include:
- Finance Branch - To ANZAC Square from QHB
- Capital Infrastructure Delivery – moves from Level 5 to Level 6 at ANZAC Square
- Business Enhancement and Asset Services – To QHB from ANZAC Square – will be co-located with the rest of their Branch currently on Level 11
Strategy, Policy and Planning
- Strategic Policy Unit – From Butterfield Street to QHB
- nfrastructure Strategy Branch – From ANZAC Square to QHB
- OCNMO - Moves from L11 to L14 QHB
Health Information Support Agency
• eHealth Qld – From ANZAC Square to Wickham Street
The focus will be on supporting those Branches/staff who are impacted as opposed to communicating with all staff regarding changes to accommodation.
Susan Middleditch is happy to speak to impacted members should you have additional queries.
If you are affected by accommodation changes and would like to discuss these impacts or have questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you heard a rumour?
At times of change when there is uncertainty and when it is difficult to have instant communication rumours can develop.
The Steering Committee is happy to put rumours to test with the Senior Executives that we meet with on a weekly basis. Please let us know if you have heard any rumours about your work area that we need to test.
Please share this communication with your colleagues and continue to be informed.
Ask your colleagues who haven't joined you as a member to join so that we have a strong and active union going into this major change.
If you have feedback questions or issues with the change you should let us know via email@example.com
We'll be in touch again soon.