HPs and DOs: Your action making a difference
Congratulations to all those members who took part in successful protest meetings about your wages last week.
It was great to see so many members taking a stand, and we got some great pictures for the local media as well. You can see some photos here.
This week there are more opportunities for you to get involved so we can get the answer we need from the Government.
We have all been promised by this Government that they will respect health workers and pay fairly, now we need to see some action from them.
It’s certainly not okay to dock HPs and DOs two months wages for no reason while moving on other issues for other professions. HPs and DO’s deserve a fair go, that’s the message Together members are sending loud and clear.
Here are the details for activities this week for HPs and DOs
Health Practitioner and Dental Officer Actions – Stronger Together!
- Caboolture delegation, - Tuesday 21 July - Last minute RSVP today Monday 20 July -email@example.com
- Robina Hospital - Thursday 23 July, 12:30pm, at OT office on H3 South, RSVP -firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunshine Coast delegation, Thursday 23 July, 2:30pm, to meet with Speaker and Independent MP Peter Wellington - RSVP - email@example.com
- Maryborough Hospital - Wednesday 22 July, 12:30pm, out the front near the roses. Local MP Bruce Saunders will be in attendance. There will be a sausage sizzle for those attending!
- Townsville Hospital - Wednesday 22 July - 12pm, Federation Gardens Pergola
- Rockhampton Hospital - Wednesday 22 July, 12:30pm, the rose garden, opposite the Rockhampton Hospital – contact Ashleigh.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bundaberg Hospital - Thursday 23 July, 12:30pm, War Nurses Memorial Park (Watertower area), Bourbong Street. NOTE: The Health Minister will be in Bundaberg and at our Hospital on this day! We will be inviting him to attend. There will also be a sausage sizzle for those attending.
- Kirwan Health Campus - Thursday 23 July, 9am, Meeting Room One.
- Mackay Hospital - Contact email@example.com to be part of a delegate to MP for Mackay, Julieanne Gilbert this week
- Hervey Bay Hospital - Tuesday 28 July, 1:00pm, outside the main gates of the Hospital. There will be a sausage sizzle for those attending.
You can help keep the pressure for a better deal, for the work that all HP and DO workers do and for the respect that workers like you deserve by standing with your colleagues next week.
To organise a protest in your area contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can work with you to make this this happen.
Make sure you encourage your colleagues to join you as a member and at a protest.
Congratulations on your ongoing commitment to fairness for you and your colleagues.
We are stronger together.