CQU EB Update
After a break in negotiations over the school holidays, our Union was hopeful of some positive news to bring negotiations to a conclusion after many months of bargaining.
At the most recent meeting held on Tuesday, 25th July, management provided up-to-date costings and calculations regarding a number of outstanding union claims. Management were unable to indicate whether the final package would include:
- 1.5% p.a. wage increase or a 2% p.a. wage increase;
- 17% superannuation for fixed-term employees.
Management have indicated that any final package would include and additional 2.5% for VET Educators at the beginning of the Agreement.
It was disappointing that management indicated that they wanted to review the following issues because they had not reached agreement with the NTEU regarding:
- Add Fixed Term on a case by case basis to Professional and Academic Staff;
- Change to termination notice periods for academics for probation and medical grounds from 4 months to 3 months;
- Contact hours – for teachers;
- Re-occurrence of unsatisfactory performance within 12 months;
- Reduce notice period for being referred to a Doctor under the clause – separation on grounds of ill health from 2 months to 6 weeks notice;
- Remove conversion process for specific task or project; and
- Academic workloads.
Another meeting has been scheduled for today (2nd August), where management will provide further details as to a final package.
To facilitate members providing feedback and seeking clarification on issues, your Higher Education Lead Organiser, Valda Graham will be conducting the following visits:
- Wednesday 2 August, 2017 – CQU Rockhampton
- Thursday 3 August, 2017 – CQU Rockhampton
- Friday 4 August, 2017 – CQU Gladstone
- Monday 7 August, 2017 – CQU Emerald – via a phone out to all staff (please note: Valda will not be on campus)
- Friday 11 August, 2017 – CQU Mackay
Click here for a printable of this update to display in your workplace.
If you would like further information regarding Enterprise Bargaining issues, please contact Valda on 0404 820 634 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.