Community Visitors: Next steps to start negotiations
Community Visitor union members are continuing preparations for the start of negotiations for your wages and conditions through enterprise bargaining.
To start that process we need to finalise the Industrial Award that applies to Community Visitors, and get your feedback on your draft log of claims which when finalised will be sent to the employer for negotiation.
1. Do you support Together applying to have the Queensland Public Service Officers And Other Employees Award - STATE 2015 varied, so that it applies to Community Visitors?
This Award is the safety net or the minimum conditions that apply to the vast majority of public servants. The Award outlines everything from minimum wage rates, leave provisions, transfer and travel and hours of work.
This is the Award that would allow CVs conditions to be comparable to other Queensland public servants and mean that your new agreement would need to leave you better off than this award. See a copy of the award here.
2. Do you support the Draft Log of Claims for Community Visitors to use as the basis of our negotiations? If no, do you have any feedback or changes to make?
Your log of claims is the list of improvements that Together CV members are seeking to reach agreement on during bargaining. This list was generated from the results of the survey of Together CVs conducted earlier this year. It is the starting point for negotiations.
Click here to view the Draft Log of Claims. We now need know if this Draft Log of Claims has the support of union members like you.
If both these proposals are supported by members, the next steps will be the application to vary the Award and approaching the employer to commence negotiations.
Have your say
To have your say on both these important proposals, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 8 September.
Please indicate Yes or No to the following questions:
- Do you support Together applying to have the Queensland Public Service Officers And Other Employees Award - STATE 2015 varied, so that it applies to Community Visitors? Yes/No
- Do you support the Draft Log of Claims for Community Visitors to use as the basis of our negotiations? Yes/No
- If you vote No to the draft Log of Claims, please advise of any feedback or changes for the Log of Claims?