Fight for workers rights not over, says union

Posted December 14, 2012 by Together Queensland

Despite the unsuccessful legal challenge Queensland's public servants will be fighting Campbell Newman's government's dangerous and extreme job cut agenda in 2013, the union of public sector workers said today.

“Today’s decision is disappointing but not unexpected in light of the High Court decision about bargaining in New South Wales earlier this week,” said Together Secretary Alex Scott.

“The final ruling on public servants’ rights at work will be made in the court of public opinion,” he said.

“We welcome an early decision in this matter as it removes the last obstacle of legal uncertainty which might have prevented the Commonwealth parliament considering a legislative response to Campbell Newman’s attacks on our hospitals and TAFE colleges.

"Over 25000 people have signed a petition calling for a Senate inquiry. Every day we see community support for public servants and public services growing. Queenslanders know that this government has gone too far with their radical ideological agenda.

“We will be redoubling our efforts to work with the community over the Christmas break to build more community pressure to ensure next year's Senate inquiry recommends a legislative response to Canberra's politicians,” Mr Scott said.

 


Authorised Alex Scott, Secretary, Together.
© 2017 Together | Privacy